My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Friday, November 28, 2008

The curse of Shopping

Well my hair wanted me to shop this morning! It was wonderful! I got up rolled out of bed thinking I would have to wash my hair BUT it had kept its nice shape so I just fluffed it a little and I was on my shopping way!!

So here is a sleepy stupid sales girl story: I was at H&M buying my pre-selected items. I started with my sis’s pile of clothes. The girl is halfway through ringing up the stuff when this conversation happens…

Sleepy Stupid Sales Girl: “you’re going to kill me.”
Me: “why?”
SSSG: “well the discount is only on purchases of 50$, so I have to ring up 50$ worth of stuff then you buy it then I ring up 50$ worth more.”
Me: “Really? Well if that is how you have to do it then I guess you have to because I want my discount.” (Meanwhile I am thinking she is nuts to think I would not want the discount if I am in the store at 6am!)
SSSG: “ok.”
Me: “So wait….if I get this coat that is MORE then 50$ you’re telling me that I can’t get the 20% off?”
SSSG: “Well it’s a maximum of 50$”
Me: (after looking at the sign…..I read right from the sign.) “It says “a minimum of 50$” that means I have to buy at least 50$ not the other way around….”
SSSG: “OH yeah….Oh….sorry I don’t know what is wrong with me.”

I tell her that it’s early and all is forgiven because the whole point is that I get my discount! 6am shoppers are not there for everyday prices! So THEN I am leaving the store and there is a tag left on something!! Thankfully a smarter girl helped me. Otherwise I would have been going through every bag and I would have left a pair of pants behind (its early people!)!! So I thought at this point that I somehow brought a shopping curse with me but I still ventured on!

Good thing I did because I got 4 new bra’s for only 80$ which is awesome when you consider most of the time they are 35-50$ each! I also got 3 nice pairs of work pant for 84$ again usually they are 50-60$ each! And that is where I stopped A. Because I guess I have to buy Christmas gifts for people this year. B. I Kind of had to go to work you know if I want to keep paying for shopping. & C. it was starting to get crowded…yuck.

So besides fun shopping…I had a really fun fun Thanksgiving! Family is fun! Only one sad thing…my poor cute….PRETTY, NICE, SMART, TALENTED….you get the idea cousin is dating a loser faced loser. (He is in high school so is she BUT STILL) he told her that he would come over for dinner….then he was going to come later…..then he couldn’t come b/c he didn’t have money for gas….then he wanted her to meet his brother…….but somehow still didn’t have gas........So when she stops texting him back and once he figures most of her family must be gone he “Surprises her” by showing up at her door with his friend. Um it’s not really a surprise if you said you would come for dinner then cancel 10 minutes before it’s going to happen…..it’s NOT A SURPRISE you’re an asshat. She deserves so much better! I hope she doesn’t give him more then he deserves if you catch what I’m saying. SAD.

Alright all have a wonderful REAL FRIDAY! (Lucky you if you didn’t have to work!) :o)

1 comment:

GothBarbie said...

THANK you for picking up our stuff!
Thank you for teaching stupid sales girl how to do her job.

you rock!

 

fentanyl