My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Prevention is for the Insane

So I have a question why is it that when you have a little problem people expect you to wait until it’s a giant issues to take care of it? What about prevention? What about trying to stop the avalanche from starting?

(*let’s forget for a moment that high school blows*) It’s like when I was in 11th grade and I just started trigonometry. In the first 2 weeks I realized I was not going to be able to learn from the teacher. He was not going to teach me anything so I requested a change of class because there was a class I could have taken with a different teacher. BUT NO they told me I had to be failing with math lab HELP before they would consider it. SO I have to fail before you will let me switch? I can’t switch and never have to fail? And in all honesty the more I think about it right now…if I failed the first semester would I have a chance of passing the rest of the year? I just failed to learn the first part how would I then get the second part? Also why should I have to go to math lab on my own time when I should be learning what I need to in class? It made no sense so I just failed the class. The shitty part is I didn’t need the class I was just taking it b/c I really enjoyed math. (Yes another joy high school took away from me)

So when I was at the doctors yesterday he is asking me how long my acne has been a problem and if it’s only on my face and blah blah blah. Finally he comes over to me and looks at my face and he utters “There’s not much there….not much scarring…” Yeah for me more then 5 painful zits at a time is not normal A. B. Should I wait until my entire face is so scared up and broken out that you don’t even see one space of clear skin? What is wrong with me trying to take care of this problem before it gets much worse? I really don’t understand why I should wait until my face is so bad it may never have clear skin.

I see people with scars from acne and I really am just trying to prevent myself from having that is that a crime? I realize I am lucky that I can do this but again is it wrong for me to take preventive measures? Should I just wait around for the heart attack or can I exercise and try to eat well? Should I wait for the skin cancer or can I use sun block? I know you see where I’m going but it just pisses me off that I can’t prevent something from becoming worse with out people thinking I am crazy.

P.S. my doctor is one light jog away from a heart attack himself.

No comments:

 

fentanyl