My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The long awaited Ginger post

Ok so i'm the only one who was waiting for me to write this post. It's about one of my favorite things to obsess about! GINGER!  Not Ginger people but Ginger the root!  It all started last year when i saw it at the Fresh Market grocery store where you can find "natural" expensive things (LOL) ....it's Ginger beer... it's like Root beer but Ginger instead... OK. So i tried it and fell in love. I loved root beer already and ginger just took it to the next level. I mostly hate soda because i'm not a huge fan of all the sugar or the bubbles. BUT i love GINGER BEER!!  LOVE IT.  Also when we went on vacation in California the bars actually had it AND the people we stayed with, the wife had it on her list on this black board... now i'm uncertain if she had it on there to try making it or to just try it but it made me excited to see it.  But she wasn't exactly the type of person who seemed open to conversations about her black board list...

So now i will show you a list of the ones i remember trying so far and what i thought about them...
My number 1 Favorite is
Bundaberg - It's so good. Honey says i think that b/c it's the 1st one i tried... maybe he's right or maybe it's because it's made in Australia... whatever i love it. (We get it at Fresh Market, it's expensive) here is a photo:

Fever Tree would be my next favorite... Honey bought me this as a gift and it was the best gift ever, even if we left one in the freezer and it exploded (this happens more than i'd like to admit... we forget things).  He got it at Wegmans i think and i think it wasn't too badly priced but i don't really know. here is a photo:
 Cock 'n Bull is my 3rd favorite and the one i had in California that i haven't had since, because i can't find it around me.  It's super good even though the name is scary. here is a photo:
 Gosling's is my favorite cheap Ginger Beer. I get it at Giant and it hits the spot when i don't want to spend a bunch of money. here is a photo:
 Fentimans was pretty good, though it got flat super fast and i don't know if that was because i put it in the fridge a head of time or why... but the flavors were good just real flat. Got this one at Wegman's as well. here is a photo:
 Regatta was decent but most likely i wouldn't get it again, i think i got it at the beer distributor because it was on sale. it's a little too sweet for my liking not enough Ginger. here is a photo:

Finally Reeds, way too sweet for me. It's not terrible but it's just too sweet. I've seen this one popping up in a bunch of places but we bought it at whole foods. here is a photo:

I also LOVE this spicy chia latte they made in CO with ginger and black pepper, more people need to make it happen around here!  It was so good.  And there are various ginger chew candies that i like.  The Ginger People being one of the brands i like that is pretty readily available. I want to try their ginger beer someday... just need to find it. AND i just saw a local place that is making Ginger beer the ABC brewery... i can't wait to try theirs! (Also have to mention that it makes me burp (not burppee) and that makes my sis very unhappy. saying it before she comments it! LOL)

If i ever attempt to make ginger beer i will let you know ALSO if i ever attempt to make a spicy chia latte i will let you know... Oh and i should add i LOVE juiced ginger root!  It is so good spicy and good, it's especially good to add to other juiced things.

Now you have just gotten your Ginger lesson!  (the straight edge friends drink!) 

3 comments:

GothBarbie said...

I think you should have highlighted the fact that it's not a BEER BEER more strongly. LOL. And yeah, don't be drinking your drink around me burpee sis!

Thoughtsofinspiration said...

i thought since i said it's like Root beer but with Ginger which is not a Beer beer that i covered it... plus the places i bought it also that i don't drink at all ever... i don't know...

Thoughtsofinspiration said...

BUT thank you for the comment and reading my blogging madness sis!!

 

fentanyl