My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

One word - Annoying

So last night around 8:20pm ish i was in the middle of my 30 day shred and the doorbell rings... i'm like who could that be at 8:20ish at night... well my downstairs neighbor.  She is in her PJs and a robe and she says "I just got out the hospital and all the banging around isn't helping me."  Me "Oh, ok...."  Her "thanks."  Me "Um..."

So i proceed to be SUPER ANNOYED.  I finish the parts of my workout that would be considered "Banging around" outside in the dark (that was fun) and do the not "banging around" parts inside... while being super pissed.

Here is my thinking (and maybe i'm wrong):
1. It was well before 10pm i feel like 10pm during the weeknights is a good cut off point for loud noises like music or vacuuming. Midnight on the weekend unless you've warned people that your having a party.  Technically our township has no noise ordnance meaning there is no cut off point for being a loud jackass. But i just find before 10pm during the week is curtious and Midnight on the weekend.

2. My workout total is 30 minutes of that 30 minutes i would say 7 minutes of it is me "banging around."  AND those 7 minutes are not consecutive. So i'm not "banging around" for 7 minutes straight BUT even if i was.... it's 7 minutes. not 7 hours, not 7 days... 7 mother f'n minutes. She has a teenaged daughter.... i bet that kid is more of noise nuisance on a regular basis then i am for 7 nonconsecutive minutes.

3. I pay rent.

4. I unlike you realize that living on the bottom is terrible so i went out of my way to only look at top floor apartments. Also i realize living in an apartment comes with noise issues. It's the apartment life.

5. You my dear downstairs neighbor have been more loud and annoying at times then i have.  One time you had a party on a friday night on your back patio with loud drunk people until 2am ish, it was a nice night we could have opened our window if we wanted the noise to be even worse but no you kept us awake and we didn't complain. Your lovely little daughter likes to play loud music we don't complain, when you slam your front door it shakes our apartment, we don't complain.  Your friend TOOK our driveway parking spot one day we didn't complain.

What are your thoughts my reader (s)?

So now it's like am i never aloud to workout in my own apartment?  Like today when i get out of work it will be like 1:45pm am i not allowed to workout?  Should i knock on her door and ask for her permission? I pay rent on time every month.... so i need to afraid of what i do?

Also i'm not dead inside i get the just getting out of the hospital aspect of things, but what does that mean? you need to peace and quiet 24 / 7 for how many days? Also seriously how fee-sable is "peace and quiet" in an apartment?

I'm annoyed BUT i'll still get my 30 in 30 don't you worry. but SO ANNOYING.

2 comments:

GothBarbie said...

TOTALLY workout when you get home. Let her haul her lazy ass out to knock on your door again if she's bothered. She probably has ample pain meds IF she was actually IN the hospital (is there a newborn in the house? is that why she was in the hospital?) - and she can just take her meds to knock herself out. Don't let this stop you!!

Thoughtsofinspiration said...

Should be interesting tonight... ugh!

 

fentanyl