My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Reading Comprehension

So i had to take this reading comprehension test at my local community college and it was so subjective and sort of made me feel like my tiny brain was rattling around in my stupid head. It was 20 questions well you judge if these are "questions."

So what you do is read the sentences or passage and decide which is the best answer...here is my version of it.


1. Monkeys like bananas.
    Monkeys like grooming each other.
A. Sentence two contradicts sentence one.
B. Sentence two makes sentence one look like a joke.
C. Sentence one and sentence two don’t matter to your life.
D. Sentence one and two should get married

2. There was a child starving when I went on my vacation to Peru. This makes me wonder if all of Peru has starving children. Should Peru be provided more food so no child goes hungry? Why is Peru called Peru, I thought to myself.
A. The statement “Why is Peru called Peru, I thought to myself.” shows real integrity
B. The statement “Should Peru be provided more food” makes a strong political statement
C. Peru is terrible as displayed in the passage above
D. Vacations aren't worth the time

3. Southwest America is just like the old western movies
    Southwest America is hotter than it seems like it should be.

A. Sentence one is reinforced by sentence two
B. Sentence two is a bully to sentence one
C. Sentence three never had a chance
D. Small animals have fur

4. Airplanes aren't worth the cost and time. You could get somewhere just as fast if you have Scotty beam you there. When my friends and I think about flying we wish on a star. Jets make funny noises when birds get stuck in their engines. Airplanes have wings.
A. The passage above helps you understand aerodynamics
B. Your IQ just went down 3 points reading this
C. If Scotty beams you up airplanes will get birds caught in their engines
D. Birds and Airplanes are best friends forever

5. An elephant and a mouse are great friends.
    The elephant worries about stepping on the mouse.

A. Elephants are clumsy
B. Sentence two supports sentence three
C. What sentence one wants you to feel is euphoria
D. The government is watching

I got a 106 out of 120 which i don't really understand what is the scoring system? I guess these people didn't have to take the math comprehension test.

No comments:

 

fentanyl