My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tortilla Thursday!!!

What could be better then Tortilla Thursday? At the moment i can't think of anything!! I <3 my mom forever!!

My whole week has been throw off b/c I'm so used to seeing my mom at the beginning of the week that everyday felt like it was Monday. Now today is Thursday and i am seeing my mom and double bonus it will be Friday tomorrow! So not only do i get to see my mom tonight but when the next day comes it will be FRIDAY!!! IF i haven't mentioned lately you should REALLY go to my moms Etsy shop link located on the left!! Look early, look often! (ok so i just used the computer thing Save early Save often...whatever!)
I have so many things that i want to blog about rants and raves and just STUFF! But it all requires energy and vigor! I have some but i use it for the gym or for other out of work activities!
I will do a mini rant here about Fathers Day:
1. I don't understand peoples' ability to hang on to a relationship with their father that never treated them or anyone in their family good and still don't! I know that parental bounds can be strong but when a person never treated you good....MAKE that treated his step kids better then he ever treated you and continues this WHY do you even care about him? Also he crapped all over your mom? Double also he never apologized! And it's not about how much stuff he bought you or anything superficial like that....it's about how he treated you and if he was there for you...things like that!!
2. If you have a crap Father like mentioned above, but a mother who is there for you always why would you make a point to take your father out on Fathers Day. BUT on mothers day you can't even keep the sink clear of dirty dishes so your MOTHER who just worked 3 doubles in a row doesn't have to worry about doing FUCKING dishes when she gets home you on MOTHERS DAY?!!
3. My honey has a very complicated relationship with his father. A slightly less complicated one with his mother. But he NEVER talks to his Dad about what is really going on so it's just this pile of crap that keeps getting bigger over time. I am not pretending that i know everything about it but i feel like he should just try and open the dialect with his Dad if he truly wants some sort of relationship.
3a. B/c of the above situation i don't even want to be around his father. I hate pretending but I know that when he goes to his father's that's when he needs the most support.
3b. It was so much easier when we lived 600 miles away. But then again it wasn't so easy being near correction living with his mom....so maybe next time we move away from it all. (but i like my family..... dang it!)
OK rant over.....for now.

1 comment:

gothbarbie said...

bad dads- there are SO many of them. and to be rated a "good dad" you really only have to acheive NOT being TERRIBLE.

i have only met like 1 father in my life that i thought was worth while. the rest made me think how lucky i was NOT TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE!
lucky me! only a mama and a really wonderful mama at that!

 

fentanyl