My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

This is the story.

8-15-09

The day started out normal enough and he is a big photographer so his goal for the day was to catch the pretty sunset, again normal enough thing especially when at the beach. His friend and he went to Jet Ski and I stayed home to relax and crochet. (Yeah I wanted to Jet Ski as well but I get really seasick and after finally feeling normal from having to take motion sickness meds for the ride to NC I did not want to go and take more.) They come back from jet skiing and he suggest we go rent scooters. Cool but in typical us fashion nothing ever works out like it’s supposed to and the place is out of them. (He did call in advance and they failed to tell him on the phone that they only had two and one was broken and the other one was rented so in reality they had none.) The really bad part in this is we walked up there and his legs were already sore from Jet skiing so he was even more upset we had to walk all the way back.

But it did give us a change to walk along the beach which was nice. We get back to the beach house and try to figure out what time the sunsets so we can decide if we have enough time to drive off the island for dinner. I fall asleep, he finds out and we would have had time if he would have woken me up. Oops. Now we have a whole dinner debacle. Now if you have been reading this blog you know….you don’t mess with my food BUT you might also be telling yourself but Topaz…you don’t mess with your sleep either….such a delicate balance.

Well we drive one way on the island and there is no hope of food. He remembers a pizza place he saw so yeah let’s try there. Small parking lot + 6pm = too many people not enough spaces = a giant truck trying to get out of the tiny parking lot (we are in the giant truck) with and a-hole who can’t wait his turn = Dan yelling at some random hick = not exactly fun. We finally get out of the parking lot and head to the only other place we know. I know the place most likely wont have much I want to eat I have accepted this fact. What I could not accept….the 25$ minimum on credit card transactions. Barnacles, I was just going to get fries & a soda and call it a meal. No such luck.

Have to order a salad. I fail to keep my ever present picky radar on when ordering the salad and fail to notice the giant red flag….they didn’t ask what kind of dressing I would like. Not a good sign and this is why…the salad comes out with no chicken and this creepy onion cucumber tomato stuff. Anyone that knows me knows I HATE Onions. Well then they take it back and throw cold chicken on it….that's the “grilled chicken salad? Good thing your main sales point is seafood. He’s upset I’m telling him to just let it go. Let it go I’m past the hungry point on to the “we have to make it to the pier at sunset b/c I did not miss out on good food for nothing!!” So we leave and are headed for the pier to catch the sunset only he is not driving us to the pier. HE just passed the pier….where is this boy taking me?

What is his agenda? Well he used to work for a Doctor when we lived in NC who owns a beautiful 3 story beach house with a 3 story deck. So he is pulling up to the Doctor’s house and I know the Doctor is not there he is in Texas. My boyfriend informs me that he said we could use his deck to catch the sun setting. OK, cool it will be pretty….right?

Well that would be correct only there are too many clouds to even see the sun…but I say once it drops past this one point we can see it and the pretty colors it makes the sky. Also we have found a praying mantis and I declare that we have found our luck and all things will be right now b/c a praying mantises brings good luck!

So it does, the sun gets into a wonderful spot and the sky is lit up with pretty colors. We take pictures (ok mostly he does b/c he is actually good with a camera). Just as the sun is about to do its final drop my boyfriend is standing behind me (how did you get there!?). He asks me what my least favorite memory about us is. Then what my favorite one is. Then he says “well maybe this can be your new favorite.” I’m thinking ok…and I look at him. He is holding a box with a beautiful engagement ring in it. He looks at me and says “Are you ready to begin your life……with me?” I melted!

The ring is a really pretty light blue sapphire. I’m not a diamond kind of girl. Plus sapphire is my birthstone. So right about now I am on cloud LOVE. My boyfriend is my Fiance.

No comments:

 

fentanyl