My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

And a little more just b/c i can

But worry not I won’t stop there…I will tell you about the rest of our trip to NC. I got to see my old fun nice boss. She is cute and I miss her. I got my favorite chocolate ice Carmel drink thing that they have NO where up North I tell you! I got fresh potato chips (only found in the South I swear). I didn’t get my favorite lunch special but something’s can’t be helped. I did discover that warm croissants with honey on them are so very YUMMY. So are salads with lots and lots of mushrooms! YUM. Dan’s mom (I suppose my future Mother in Law) gave me an early birthday gift a really cute red purse. I have been looking for a new red purse!

I crocheted some of the never ending blanket #2. I read like 2 chapters of my book. I got to see Dan’s fur sisters and brothers. LOL. There was plenty of food I missed out on but when you’re poor that happens, also when you don’t have a car to drive around yourself that happens. A bike can only get you so far in 90+ weather. I did ride Dan’s grandmother’s bike, pink beach bike around a little. I do mean a little. It was hot. I could not even get a hold of my friend Carmen while I was down there. So I didn’t get to see her. Dan’s Grandmother couldn’t make it to the beach either so we didn’t get to see her. She is such a nice kind sweet lady.

But how can I really complain about much I got engaged and really that made me so happy. Beyond words. So upon returning my mom made me tortilla’s and sopapilla’s (did I spell that right?). She is the best ever! My sister was happy about my news she is cute! My friends all screamed in my ear with happiness. LOL And my work bought me pretty flowers. Fun times!

But don’t think it’s all sunshine and staple removers. I got my brakes and oil changed (ha) at sears before I left for NC. Like a week before I left. I spent 300$. I paid for an oil change. I didn’t get an oil change. But I paid 43$ for it. How does one discover this….well their car fails to start on a Monday… they are checking things out only to realize the oil has NOT been changed! That is not the reason for the car not starting but it could have been a reason the engine got ruined sooner. SO then I call the sears to let them know I will be bringing it in to show them it was not done. The manager gives me so much attitude that I call a different sears to see if they can give me my money back but Alas you have to go to the original auto center which is what I figured.

The manager tells me lots of insightful things “Your car is old” “your car has high mileage” “It’s been 10 days” “the oil isn’t going to be clear” “someone checked off that they did your oil change” “we get lots of people that Think we didn’t do an oil change.” Oh and he slips in there after yelling at me that “in this case you were in the right.” And no he does not say this after figuring out that I was indeed right no after he figured that out he slinked into his office with out making eye contact or talking to me. I only got a semi-apology after he argued how great he is with customers to me. WHAT? On the phone he didn’t even give me the chance to calmly tell him that I was bring the car in to show him. He already came at me with defenses. What the hell kind of customer service is that? It’s not. I got my money back. I do fear it cost me about 4 years of my life though.

Also I just found out he is not the manager. So when I asked for a manager its awesome how I didn’t get one. Also double awesome that I called to talk to the store manager and I didn’t even get them. What the hell. But at least the lady that was not the store manager was nice to me. Even though she didn’t believe me that an Elijah worked in her Montgomeryville Mall North Wales Sears Auto location. (Yes I just put that warning in there for you.) If you go there hope PRAY or do a dance that Janice is there b/c JANICE is nice and helpful and friendly and doesn’t make you want to kill baby bunnies.

Not that I’ll ever be taking my car back there but you can if you want. Basically my living nightmare (boy do I have a lot of those) is not having oil in my car and seizing the engine. A girl I once met got her oil “changed” but they failed to put new oil in! She goes and her engine seizes down the road! My oil was getting low and it was dirty. So I can’t imagine what it would have been like in another 3000 miles which is what I would have waited thinking my oil had been changed.

The more I think about this SEARS debacle the more pissed off I am becoming and the more I think I might report them to the better business bureau. I never have done that before but I am pretty dissatisfied with how the situation is being handled and I’m certain my complaint won’t even make it to the store manager or any real manager. So anyways I’ll end this post now.

Have a swell day (look I posted 3 times in one day).

No comments:

 

fentanyl