My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

THURSDAY.

So a few things that are amusing me today:

Taking the shopping out of shopping: My honey bless his heart…was asking me last night on the phone to go on the computer and look for lamps. I said “where should I look?” He said “Target.” I said “well, why don’t we just go there!?” (Yeah this sounds kind of hole in the bucket but I swear it’s not) and he says “b/c then I will have to drive everywhere looking for a lamp and I don’t want to drive everywhere.” It made me sad b/c he is taking the shopping out of shopping and I LOVE SHOPPING!! But it also amused me b/c typical boy not wanting to shop but knowing he needs something.

People who don’t look EVERYWHERE: What I mean by this is people who are looking for say a file or their glasses. So they look in a few places then START freaking out because they weren’t able to find it in the 1st 5 minutes of looking. OR better yet they look in the most obscure out of way impossible places BEFORE looking in the obvious places 1st. SO instead they freak out look like a moron and then find it 20 minutes down the line in the place they should have looked 1st. example: Co-worker is looking for a piece of paper. She looks a little around her desk doesn’t find it. Then starts freaking out (rightful so b/c people were jumping down her throat…but nonetheless) looking in individual files in the other room. Hand writes out what should be on the sheet she is looking for….Only to THEN look in all the stuff on her desk to find the paper in a folder it should not be in BUT would likely end up in b/c it’s a lot sheet and it was with other lot sheets but for a different place.

Then we have the “don’t try everything 1st” people: This goes like I can’t print from word but I’ve only tried printing by pressing ctrl+P. I haven’t gone to file, Print. Or right clicked…or the few other things. WHY, why? Why don’t people exhaust every possibility before asking for help on simple things? I’m not talking your afraid you might mess something up. When you try everything you learn in my opinion not only that you don’t end up feeling like an ass b/c the answer was so simple! It goes back to the story of the idiot lady who went around asking people how to spell a word then declared that everyone was wrong and said “I’ll use the spell check.” DUH DO THAT 1st! WHY WAIT until you are now the moron for the day?

“Oy with the poodles already!”

Moving on: Yesterday the girls and I wanted to go to lunch together (we can’t do this often b/c one of us needs to stay behind and answer phones and greet people). So we get permission and we are headed out the door. The funny owner is walking out with us and we say “you want to go with us we’re going to the diner?” (Jokingly only cause yeah right you want to go with us) But he says “yeah I’ll drive.” We are walking out thinking he was joking and He is not. So we end up going to the Back to the 50’s restaurant he is always talking about. Of course through the course of everything he is saying funny stuff b/c that is what he does. Like…When the waiter says “what a lovely bunch of ladies you have with you today.” He looks around and goes “Where? Where do you see these ladies? I don’t see any.” Then on our table there is a picture of him and the other owner. My co-worker puts her elbow down and he says “You can elbow Mr. other owner in the face but please don’t do it to me.” Because her elbow happens to be covering the other owners face. Or how he says “I had to drive and Pay, I think I got the raw end of the bargain!” Meanwhile he won’t let us see the check.

It was fun. Ok I’ve typed enough….oh my fingers! Bye

No comments:

 

fentanyl