My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jim Thorpe, A skull, and food!

Soccer night was amusing as always. Guys knocking into me b/c I am trying to get in their way apologizing to me. LOL “Sorry, sorry, sorry.” But I ran into you… Some of them were asking my name last night I guess they wanted to call me something other then “girl.” “What’s your name?” “Topaz” “Joepaz?” “NO TOPAZ.” “OH Topaz.”

This weekend was awesome! It started out awful. I got out of work at 4:00pm and proceeded to have a flat tire 10 minutes down the road! Lucky for me a nice man put my spare on for me. 200$ and 2 hours later I had 2 new tires and an aligned car. Sounds fun doesn’t it? Come on you know it does!

After the whole tire thing I was on my way with my friend Kristin to Jim Thorpe. Where lots of laughs, talking, picture taking, crocheting, and eating ensued! Angela our host was awesome and her baby girl Lily was super cute! (Still doesn’t make me want to have a kid let alone a girl.) We saw some crazy birds and some Jim Thorpe stores. We visited the Jail with the famous Hand Print (below). We remembered Vietnam veterans in our own special way. I became a member of the snuggie cult. And I found smencils. (Much more exciting in theory…the smencils that is and maybe the joining of the snuggie cult…)

Then Sunday upon my return I got to hang out with my sister and mother! We ate some chips and dip! And warm chocolate chip cookies! We painted! I painted my skull and they were trying to Donna Dewberry which my mom claimed is “Donna Don’t berry.” My sister on the other hand wanted the lady to shut up and go faster. They made up their own pretty flowers. Then we ate some very yummy Italian food and had to head home.

It’s Tuesday now and I await the start of a dreadful day! But fear not for me….i will survive. Have a swell Tuesday.

No comments:

 

fentanyl