My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mothers day late

Well technechally since this is Mother's May i'm not really late with my Mother's day post.  BUT anyhow, i was saving one of the best letters from my mom for around mothers day.  This one is dated!!

Feb. 5. 1993
Dear Topaz, 

You will be something when you grow up.  To be something in this world you have to #1 want it. #2 Work for it. and #3 Believe in yourself. You have #1 & #2 and you'll get #3.  You also have a #4 which makes it even easier, you have a mom that loves you and believes in you enough for the both of us.  The SKY IS THE LIMIT! Teachers are not perfect, there are good teachers and not so good teachers they are only human you know?  Learn the best you can from Mrs. M, but don't let her frustrate you.  She is probably doing the best she can.  Teaching is a difficult job some people are naturally good at it and others are not but want to do it anyway.
 You can learn something from every teacher. Right? You work hard and co-operate with teachers and other classmates. I'm very proud of you.  People are always jealous of other people who are happy, beautiful inside and outside and nice.  Just be you and be happy.
Love
MOM (hearts for the O!)

How true to all of life are her letters?  I mean really i do still have #4.  #4 has gotten me through so many really rotten and hard times.  Knowing without a doubt that one person in this world loves me no matter what has gotten me through some tough things and allowed me to make tough choices.  She has always been my # 1 cheerleader and she is amazing. She deserves more than Mother's May but until i become independently wealthy, this will have to do.

 I love how she says "Just be you and be happy."  That is such a good thing to remember and take with you always.  It takes many years for people to get that and sometimes they still don't get it.  Being you is what will make you happy.  If you are pretending to be something your not at the end of the day how is that bringing you happiness?  it's not, you can only really be happy if you get to be you. She was (and is) so wise. 

I spent a lovely Mother's day with her and we had a very fun time. I hope she realizes what an amazing mother she is.

No comments:

 

fentanyl