My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Friday, May 2, 2014

Journal Entries Pt. 2

More of my amazing Mother's journal entries form her senior year Christmas break:
 Dec. 30, 1969 
All I think about is all the work we have in English class when we get back. (this journal was for English class LOL)

Dec. 31, 1969 well not really
It is past 12 o'clock and it is 1970 the year I get out of school! I just can't wait till school is over but I sure hope I pass.

Jan. 1, 1970
My 7 month niece is starting off the new year bad because she has a temp. of 104 and she is pretty sick.

Jan, 2, 1970
I've decided to knit my brother a different kind of scarf it will be 2" wide and 6' long. (he went form living in FL to going to college somewhere cold, he told her that he wore the scarf! she is so cute!)
It's almost 11:30 and we were at the souderton basketball game, it was a good game even though we lost after double over time.  After the game we went to the R and on the way to my place my sister's V-W slid on ice and rolled. There were 4 kids in the car but none of us were hurt. I think someone was watching over us. (here teacher said "So do I.")

Jan. 3, 1970
My niece is getting better except now she has some kind of rash all over her body. My sister's car was over 100 dollars damage but her Insurance pays everything but the first 50 dollars. I went to my drivers test today in the snow but I flunked it.  Well, you can't win them all.


Jan. 4. 1970 
School tomorrow! I forgot to get shoe laces for my gym sneaks.  I have material for a dress in sewing but I don't have a pattern.  I wish I would never have to go back to school.  Everyone says your Senior year is fun.  Well, I'd like to know when the fun begins. (i wondered that my whole senior year as well... where is the fun part... then graduation happened and i realize THAT was the fun part!  LOL)

Her teacher wrote:  I guess you don't like school. Stay with it for a few more months and you won't need to return. Her teachers name was Miss Fisher.  As noted on the paper.

My mom is still this hilarious if not more now!

No comments:

 

fentanyl