My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May already!

So this past Sunday i ran the broad street run in Philadelphia. 10 miles... and it wasn't that bad. The best part was getting my friend to the finish line. She did awesome! Well WE did awesome. Considering these factors: She has size F or H boobs (yeah), she has a bad knee, she was fighting a cold, & last year this time she was dying doing a 5k (3.1 miles i think)! She did amazing and it was so awesome to be there with her. Now she can get knee surgery and we will do it again next year and improve on our time (2 hours and 14 minutes). I'm excited.

Next up is Run-A-Muck! It will be here before i know it. It is only a 5K so it should be mostly fun and not so much "work." It's an event where you can wear costumes. Last year my team and i wore wedding dresses. We got them so muddy and yucky it was awesome. I don't think we can ever top that we do have a fun plan for this year... stay tuned to see!

Things i find a little annoying: The OBL stuff... ok so he is dead. That's super but the war still isn't over, people still have so much hate for USA... and us acting like idiots isn't helping. Did we need to stoop to their level and celebrate in the streets? That's what they did when 911 happened... while i don't think we owe them respect i just feel like we are better then that. Plus again this small victory kind maybe put a little ding in our bigger problems. What a mess.

Ok well it's only tuesday so i can't do my happy friday dance BUT i can dream! You have yourself a super happy yummy day! :O)

5 comments:

HOURGLASSGIRL said...

Okay, there is something seeeerioussly wrong with your first statement, 10 miles and it wasn't that bad? I can't even run to get the newspaper at the end of my driveway without hurting myself, lol. Maybe if there was like a hhhmmm, I don't know vat of Nutella or single straight man that has a job and a good working car that is good looking and gets me, that would be worth running 10 miles for, LOL!

The Run-A-Muck sounds hysterical, I hope you post pics of the costumes.

Thoughtsofinspiration said...

You crack me up! LOL that man sounds like he would be worth 10 miles! This is naughty but if you have Maggie Moos in FL they have a Nutella flvored ice cream!

We trained since feb. for our 10 mile run so i think if you put your mind to it someday you could run too! My friend that i did it with was 260 lbs in nov. and got down to 218 lbs! and she is 41! so you never know!

I will totally post pics!

Katapaluza said...

I agree with Hourglass you must post pics! That sounds amazing to run around in a wedding dress. I can imagine most women when trying one on need a at least on other use for it, they should participate! On the OBL bit, I feel like it was kinda wrong they were celebrating. and I agree, it's most likely going to make things worse. OHH DAYS AHEAD! But guess what? *does your happy friday dance* TIS FRIDAY! Happy Cinco De Mayo~!

Anonymous said...

It's so cool that you're together enough to post pics of yourself when you're being goofy or looking stupid! Then again, if you can't laugh at yourself life's gonna be a rough ride, huh?

Keep the confidence! It's hawt!!!!

; )

Thoughtsofinspiration said...

i will post pics for sure! Keep the happy friday dance up... i think this week is going to be a long one! LOL :o)

Thanks for reading!

 

fentanyl