My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mud, Skates, & Soccer...

The mud run turned into more of a walk... and once you see the photos (my next post b/c my friend is picking them up today) you will understand why! BUT it was super fun! Our costumes were awesome... they will never beat our 1st year (wedding dresses (i'll post photos of that as well)) but we tried! It was fun helping out even if people are CRAZY. They give you a shirt (most runs do) and my friend and i were in charge of handing them out. So we have them arranged sm to 2XL on the table. We heard "are these all the same size?" more times then i can count. Mind you after asking "what size do you need?" I asked one lady and she said "I DON'T KNOW YOU TELL ME! YOUR SUPPOSED TO KNOW!" Um... i am?! We had people trying on different sizes until they felt they got the perfect one... AND LORD help us b/c the Larges had Black print instead of Grey and BOY did that not go over well! People want fair and even! DO NOT MAKE THINGS DIFFERENT or suffer their wrath! OY! Then i wonder... am i that annoying? I do hope not.

SO after a long morning of Mud stuff i had to prepare for my derby game in the evening. Some day i'm gonna post photos of all my game make-up... but clearly not today. Anyhow... the game was super awesome. It was hard hitting but we owned that pack. We set the tone in the very beginning and kept it going. They got dirty once they figured out they were going to lose but we still kept them in check! I think the score was 78 to 48... not 100% about that b/c I AM TERRIBLE at looking for the final score. I just know we won and i'm like YEAH! LOL Next up bank track scrimmage! Awesome!!

Now on to the possibility of soccer! I wrote my local community soccer program to find out if they ever have adult games and someone wrote me back and told me that in the fall they do! Of course he didn't give me any other information (typical male behavior... just saying). SO i wrote again asking how one gets info on such things?! LOL Clearly buddy i am very much interested YES!! So hopefully it does not end up being a dead end... or a scary competitive game where people (men) think it's the end of the world if they don't win. I hate those kinds of soccer games past the age of 18... i'm clearly playing for fun... why aren't YOU?

I think my sis comes back from vacation tomorrow!!! I CAN'T WAIT!! LOL i hope she had a great time! the worst part is when something happens you want to call or text them and be like OMG!! That's why i stole our journal and wrote all those moments in it so i wouldn't have to try and keep track of them all on my own! LOL Anyways... today is only Tuesday! I hope the weather gets it's act together for the weekend b/c i REALLY want to go backpacking!! BAD!

Have a great day! And please help me by doing a sunshine dance. Thanks!

2 comments:

HOURGLASSGIRL said...

People are so strange. I used to manage ice cream stores (that's how I got my girlish figure) and I remember one time that I was out of butter pecan, OMG! You thought I shot their dog and children. I had people wig out about that. I was like reallY? we only have 30 other flavors here, get a grip.

Thoughtsofinspiration said...

People are so insane the smallest things makes them go into a downward hate spiral! The gen pop... scary! LOL

 

fentanyl