My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The year to write more

Or so I'm telling myself! This year i wanna write more things, spend more time being creative because i have a constant stream of stories running through my head.  I don't know if other people think this way where their minds just go off on a tangent and creates a whole story.  For example i see someone walking down a busy street and i create a whole story of why they ended up walking, where their headed what kind of work they do... it happens a lot. Or if i think about a new job i don't just think about a new job in my mind i create this whole new world of possibilities this job would bring to me. how it would change everything. In reality i know that isn't really how things will go but it's fun to imagine and create a story.

So what was the 1st thing i wrote for 2014?  Oh it's a doozie... it's my hardest piece of work yet... my resume and cover letter!  Ok so i did that begrudgingly. why? i guess because i prefer to write made up things and imagine rather then try to focus on what skills i have and what someone else will find appealing. UGH. selling myself is so annoying.  I was super whinny while i did it, you can ask the honey face. and he is all "the hard part will be over once you get it done..."  FALSE! False this is just the start of the "hard part." I think that is what i hate the most. It doesn't end there.

At least i know i'm not alone in this terrible task. So there is that. it's just too bad it's terrible. Good luck to all of us out there looking for something!  Thankfully i'm not in any hurry.

But seriously i hope to write more this year... so maybe you'll have more to read here too! (one can hope.)

No comments:

 

fentanyl