My name is Topaz and I like hearing my self type.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Know it all Jerk face Party of ME?



So I may have a problem… I maybe come off as a know it all jerk face.

In my mind the process goes like this… someone has a task we need to do, they say ideas and then I spout of 50 ideas because I’m super excited and want to make the best but cheapest thing ever.

Here is the scenario (most recent), My friend (that I love and is very creative) was asked to make wine glass markers for my sister-in-laws bridal shower (I don’t know why).  So I was like I will totally help with that! It involves beads and craft stores and I love those things! Even though wine is lame (to me cause I don’t drink…).  I went to a craft store at lunch (for yarn originally) and started coming up with a thousand ideas because I was super excited and excitable… I was pic texting my friend and her idea was to do them all different colors with the bride and grooms initials and I am all “but I feel like the bride and groom initials are something people won’t use again.” So now I feel like I’m a know it all jerk who stomps on people’s dreams.

Then there is a camping trip my awesome team is going on (and honestly anything my awesome team does I get so super excited about).  So I sent an email about all the things we could maybe do…. Because I was excited but now I feel like maybe it looks more like I’m a know it all jerk… 

Help internet… am I turning into a know it all jerk?

4 comments:

Tobi LeFaye said...

I think you're just being enthusiastic. Nothing wrong with that! :D

Katapaluza said...

Not so much a jerk, as You like to take part in whats happening. I don't blame ya at all! Also, with the initials, Thats a good point!

Thoughtsofinspiration said...

Thanks! I'm glad to not feel like a jerk!! Thanks for reading!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I am the same way! I'll get super excited or into a project/task/whatever and then I also probably crush people's dreams and self-esteem. Oops...
Not sure if that means to totally back off though because our ideas are just as good right? Maybe we just better watch how we talk to people? That's what I'm thinking, but not sure.

 

fentanyl